The GDF-9 enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kit provides materials for the quantitative measurement of GDF-9 in human serum and other biological fluids.
HRP-based ELISA, colorimetric detection by dual wavelength absorbance at 450 nm and 630 nm as reference filter
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
96 well microtiter
6, 48-5800 pg/mL
|Limit of Detection|
Store at 2 to 8°C until expiration date.
BMP-15 and GDF-9 are synthesized as 249-295 amino acid N-terminal prodomains and 125-139 amino acid mature domains. The mature domains of GDF-9 and BMP-15 form 40 kDa and 34 kDa homodimers respectively and 37 kDa heterodimer 1,2. Growth Differentiation Factor 9 (GDF9) and Bone Morphogenic Protein 9 (BMP15) are oocyte secreted factors and play key roles in promoting follicle growth, maturation and oocyte competence 1,3-5. However, the action of BMP15 and GDF9 varied with respect to the species of origin and the stages of follicle development. Oocyte competence is an intrinsic developmental potential that allows a mature oocyte to become fertilized and develop to an embryo. Oocyte competence is achieved by long course of molecular, biochemical and morphological changes4. Recent study suggests AMH production is regulated by oocyte-secreted factors in primary human cumulus cells and the combination of GDF9 + BMP15 potently stimulates AMH expression6. Altered level and activity of GDF9 is implicated in premature ovarian failure and polycystic ovarian syndrome, implicating GDF9 in the etiology of these conditions 7-9.
1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Feb;110(8): E776-85.
2. Endocrinology. 2012 Mar;153(3):1509-18.
3. J Biol Chem. 2015 Sep;290(39):24007-20.
4. Reproduction. 2005 Apr;129(4):473-80.
5. Reproduction. 2017 Dec;154(6):745-753
6. Dev Biol. 2006 Aug 15;296(2):514-21.
7. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2012 Oct;29(10):1057-65.
8. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Dec;101(12):4541-4550.
9. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Apr;99(4): E615-24.